Welcome! My name is Candice I am a qualified Physiotherapist with a special interest in Pelvic & Sexual Health. I started @nurtureyourvagina in an effort to empower followers through education, break down stigma & to normalise conversations around the so called ‘taboo’ topics in the pelvic health world and from this, the Nurture platform was born.
I enjoy talking Pee, Poo, PLEASURE, Pain & Periods…and you can expect just that, open, honest & informative content. I want to addresses common concerns and start important conversations that are all too often ‘brushed under the rug’ (pun intended). I aim to do so in a light hearted and approachable manner where I encourage you to engage and interact as you journey through your own self discovery.
In addition to addressing taboo, you will also find exercise routines, self management advice, sex education snippets in IG stories (‘quickies’), pelvic floor dysfunction education, sexual & menstrual health information and updates on events and workshops.
In my physiotherapy practice, I assess and treat common issues and concerns relating to the pelvic & sexual health for patients of all ages, spanning through various life stages from puberty through to post-menopause. My approach is holistic and inclusive for conditions and symptoms relating to;
- Pelvic Pain
- Pelvic floor weakness and associated concerns
- Pelvic floor tension dysfunction and associated concerns
- Urinary frequency, urgency & incontinence
- Postpartum rehabilitation – Postpartum check in, Diastasis check in, Return to exercise, Sexual pain…
- Genito-pelvic pain and penetration disorders (vaginismus, vestibulodynia, dyspareunia…)
- Sexual Health